Refund and Consumer Gurantee
We comply with the Australian Consumer Law.
Consumer guarantees for services. The consumer guarantees are intended to ensure you get the service you paid for. There are four guarantees that apply to services.
1. Due care and skill. There is a guarantee that service providers must carry out all services using an acceptable level of care and skill.
2. We must also take reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage when providing the service.
3. Fit for a particular purpose. There is a guarantee that the services will be reasonably fit for any particular purpose specified.
4. There is a guarantee that the services will be supplied within a reasonable time, if there is no time frame otherwise agreed.
Please make yourself aware that:
1. This is a modern conveyancing service. Modern means, we utilise the internet and the phone system. There is no need to have a face to face meeting. (A face to face meeting is the traditional method and this will cost you more money).
2. The following is related to the purchase of your property but it is not conveyancing and it is excluded from the service
(I) Getting your loan or chase up your loan on your behalf
(II) Anything to do with your pest, building or strata inspection reports
(III) Negotiate a (cheaper) sales price on your behalf
(IV) Conveyancing is the transfer of title from person A to person B.
Exceptions to guarantees
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
(I) you simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like our service or had no use for it
(II) misused our service in any way that caused the problem
(III) knew of or were made aware of the faults before you engage us
(IV) asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
(I) We will refund if we cannot carry out your work to settlement, subject to a fair go ethics.
(II) There is no refund if it is a promotional price or we have given a steep discount. That means we only charge you for about the first part of the work and the remainder “it’s our free labour”
(III) Anything in the “exceptions to guarantees” above